Dermatology is a specialized stream of science focussing on the conditions affecting skin, nails, hair and delicate linings of nose, mouth and eyelids. No doubt, skin is the largest organ of the body comprising nerve endings, sweat glands, hair follicles, pores, blood vessels and other parts too. A dermatologist in Dubai with deep understanding and experience can help skincare, which is as important as your complete health. Even general practitioners refer their patients to a dermatologist in Dubai for special care.
When should you visit a dermatologist in Dubai?
There can be numerous reasons to visit a dermatologist in Dubai. You should visit them regularly, at least once a year, if your skin is prone to cancer. If you find some unusual developments in your skin, you must visit your dermatologist in Dubai for its diagnosis and treatment. These developments may include:
- Scaly skin
- Skin rashes
- Skin discolouration
- Moles, warts or skin growths
- Varicose veins
- Ageing signs like wrinkles, sun damage
How can dermatologists in Dubai help?
A dermatologist in Dubai can help in three ways. These are discussed below:
- Medical help: A dermatologist in Dubai can help by diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the skin. They treat conditions like plaque, psoriasis, rosacea and acne. Dermatologists in Dubai are also capable of identifying symptoms indicating other health-related issues.
- Surgical help: Depending on the situation, a dermatologist in Dubai can suggest minor surgeries. It may include removal of moles, warts, skin biopsies, benign cysts or skin cancer.
- Cosmetic usage: A dermatologist in Dubai can also treat skin issues affecting appearance by administering cosmetic treatment, including fillers, chemical peels, or laser therapy. These are commonly used for treating hair loss, dark spots or wrinkles.
Reason for consulting dermatologist in Dubai:
There can be various reasons related to skin, hair or nails for which you must consult your dermatologist in Dubai. A few of them are as follows:
- Acne: Depending on its severity, a dermatologist in Dubai treats it either with medications, laser, light therapies, chemical peels or by removal of cysts.
- Dermatitis: It includes skin conditions causing inflammation and irritation. Dermatitis includes conditions like eczema, cradle cap and allergic reactions.
- Skin cancer: It can show its presence in any part of the body. Dermatologists in Dubai are capable of removing cancerous cells. They also monitor it to ensure that it does not repeat.
- Nail issues: Common nail issues solved by a dermatologist in Dubai includes spots, discolouration and nail separation.
- Hair loss: Hair loss can be due to heredity baldness. Conditions resulting in hair loss can be stress, illness or hormonal imbalance. By inspecting the cause, a dermatologist in Dubai can treat it.
- Infections: Skin infection can be caused due to viruses, bacteria, fungi and parasites. Dermatologists in Dubai can prescribe suitable treatment by diagnosing the cause of infection.
There are a large number of procedures followed by a dermatologist in Dubai to deal with different skin problems ranging from skin tag removal to skin cancer surgery. Some of them are discussed below:
- Biopsy: Different type of this procedure is performed for diagnosing and ruling out skin cancer or any other skin related problems.
- Laser therapy: This therapy is used for the removal of moles, warts, tattoos, sun spots, acne scars, wrinkles, blemishes or unwanted hair.
- Cryotherapy: This therapy involves exposure to extremely cold temperatures. It is used for treating warts, skin tags or tumours.
- Sclerotherapy: This procedure is used for the treatment of spider and varicose veins. During the procedure, a chemical is injected into damaged veins to diminish their appearance of veins.
- Surgical excision: This procedure is performed for the removal of moles, skin tags and lesions.
- Dermabrasion: This technique is helpful in reducing the appearance of fine lines, age spots, acne scars or precancerous skin patches.
- Cosmetic injections: This technique is helpful in reducing the appearance of wrinkles with the help of Botox or fillers.
- Mohs surgery: This technique is helpful in the removal of thin layers of tissue around a tumour. After each removal, a dermatologist checks the skin for finding additional cancer cells. They stop removing tissue when no cancer cells are found.
- Chemical peels: It is used for the removal of damaged skin. It helps in the rejuvenation of new skin and reduces the sign of ageing.
Dermatologists in Dubai also advise some common skincare tips that everyone should follow. Some of them are:
- Splashing ice-cold water on the face: This is one of the easiest ways to boost your complexion. Dermatologists recommend using cold, icy water to wash the face to reduce skin inflammation. It also helps in increasing circulation resulting in an even skin tone.
- Taking makeup breaks: It is necessary to take makeup breaks. It allows the skin to breathe, hence making it less likely to break out.
- Seeking shade: Skin exposure to the sun can result in pigmentation, fine lines and collagen degradation. It is recommended to stay protected under the sun by using a hat or clothing.
- Using aspirin on breakouts: It is helpful in soothing skin inflammation. Aspirin is anti-inflammatory which is helpful in decreasing redness and converts it to salicylic acid.
- Destressing as much as possible: Stress can trigger ageing and can promote breakouts. A few minutes of breathing at any point of the day and sleep can be helpful in improving skin health.
- Applying moisturizer post-cleansing: It is very important to apply moisturizer after cleansing. It helps in the hydration of the skin and maintains the skin’s moisture.
- Eating fruits and vegetables: Eating enough antioxidants and minerals can help in boosting collagen synthesis and repairing skin DNA. It is advisable to avoid inflammatory foods like refined sugar, trans fats and artificial ingredients.
A dermatologist in Dubai is capable of diagnosing and treating a number of skin-related issues. They are trained doctors and use different procedures, treatments, and medicines to treat specific skin conditions. People can trust the skills of dermatologists in Dubai for treating life-threatening abnormalities like skin cancer.