Mussoorie, the “Queen of Hills” is a laid back romantic getaway on the lap of Himalayas. Far from the hot and busy plains, Mussoorie is an escape which every soul seeker needs. The majestic Sivalik ranges and the Doon valley envelopes this lush green place like a blanket, together presenting a view you will never forget. This place, poetry in motion is sure to transcend you to a fantasy land. As for, things to do in Mussoorie, there are far too many, here are some of the top attractions:
- Kempty Falls: The Kempty Falls located at an altitude of approximately 1364 meters above sea level and surrounded by high mountain ranges is a perfect place to sooth your aesthetic senses. Do not forget to tag your camera along when you visit this place, because this is a view you would want to keep with you forever. The sound of water falling on the rocky beds while clouds land on the green mountains, is nothing short of heaven itself.
- Lal Tibba: This mountain peak is the highest peak in Mussoorie with an altitude of over 2290 meters above sea level. The holy shrines of Kedarnath and Badrinath are visible from atop. Trekking through these terrains is one of the most popular tourist activities in Mussorie. There is even a Japanese telescope installed at the edge of the cliff so that the visitors can get a clearer view of the attractions. Spend a quiet evening here with your loved ones as you watch the sun set.
- Sir George Everest’s House: The house of Sir George Everest, after whom the world’s highest peak is named, is located in Mussoorie and is now a popular tourist spot and is definitely one of the things to do in Mussoorie. This house as built in 1832, where Sir Everest stayed for about 30 years. This has now become a museum dedicated to him, which showcases various interesting facts about this famous personality’s life through various photographs and antiques.
- Camel’s Back Road: This road gets its name from the camel hump shaped rock which lies here. It stretches for about 3-4 kms from the Kulri Bazaar to the Library Chowk in Mussoorie. This road is perfect for an idle afternoon walk, where you will pass all the delightful sights and sightings that Mussorie has to offer, along your way, from small villages to wide valleys and mountains that meet at the horizon.
- Mussoorie Lake: The Mussoorie Lake, located at 6 kms on the Mussoorie-Dehradun road is one of the most perfect picnic spots there is. The Mussoorie Dehradun Developmental authority has only recently developed it as a picnic spot because of its immense popularity. It is a nice small lake created by a waterfall, where you can have your picnic sandwiches while paddle boating, seeing swarms of ducks swimming by you out of the many things to do in Musoorie.
So what are you waiting for? Take a break from the busy crowded city air and experience the pure atmosphere that Mussoorie has to offer because you wouldn’t run out of things to do in Musoorie.