Want to make a trip to or around Port Blair on a budget? Worry not. There are so many ways to have an amazing trip to the place without breaking the bank. You may want to start with planning the holiday well in advance. Who knows? You may be able to grab some great offers for your Delhi or Kolkata to Port Blair flight. Don’t go for last-minute bookings to avoid finding all seats reserved. Ensure to check the flight schedule and arrive at the airport in time.
Once you reach your destination, here are a few other good tips to help you save money on your trip to Port Blair.
Choose Budget Accommodation
It’s good to pick economical accommodation. You can simply book hotels in less commercialised areas to reduce the cost. Besides, standard rest houses and hotels with basic amenities can also cost you less. You can even check out any tourism packages for good discounts or deals on accommodation. Most importantly, book the accommodation right when you book your Delhi or Kolkata to Port Blair flight. That way, you can ward off any unforeseen price rise at the peak time of hotel bookings.
Go for Budget-Friendly Public Transport
Jeeps and taxis can efficiently take you around all the attractions of the place and at the same time, won’t cost you a fortune. For instance, a good network of buses connects all the important tourist spots. Take a taxi only when you’re left with no other commute option and ready to pay more.
Make a List of Where to Visit
List down all the attractions you want to explore in and around Port Blair. Planning this can again prove economical. How? Then you’ll know how much to spend as long as you’re in Port Blair. All the saved money can help you tour Jolly Buoy Island, Neil Island, Baratang Island, Havelock Island, and the other gems on your list without going cashless!
Plan on Some Economical Activities
Port Blair or Andaman and Nicobar tourism is incomplete without splashing in the water and enjoying the popular fun sports. You’ll be happy to know that most of them will fit your budget and also make your trip memorable!
- Trekking: You can enjoy it at the Limestone Caves on Baratang Island.
- Kayaking: It’s an exciting water sport at Havelock Island.
- Fishing: Go fishing when you explore Cinque Island.
- Coral Safari: Trying the Coral Safari Semi Submarine is a must if you’re with children.
- Underwater Sports: The list goes endless with scuba diving at Havelock Island, sea walking at North Bay Island, snorkelling at Elephant Beach, and more!
- Glass Bottom Boat Ride: It lets you view the immense underwater world while you’re in a glass-bottom boat.
- Birdwatching: Chidiya Tapu will open the world of spectacular birds to you!
Last but not least is tasting some economical yet finger-licking food. After your flight lands, Port Blair will treat Kolkata people with Bengali cuisine, Delhi folks with parathas, and endless other affordable scrumptious dishes for every tourist!