So many friends want to go to Goa as a group, and so many families want to add ‘Goa Memories’ to their albums. This Indian state facing the Arabian Sea has highlighted Goa Tourism on every vacation list worth its martini. Goa resorts like Club Mahindra have always recommended a set of beautiful places to visit in Goa, and we have collated a few choice mentions for you here.
From its Portuguese roots to its modern beach scene, “Gopakapattana” (one of its alternative names) boasts some of the most ‘happening’ things to do in Goa. November to February has always been accepted as the best time to visit Goa, though you can assuredly go any time of year.
Below are some of the highlight locations you absolutely must check out in Goa.
1. Calangute Beach
Just 15 km from Panjim, this is the ‘the longest beach in North Goa’, and it stretches from Candolim to Baga.
- This is one of the top-tier beaches in Goa. No wonder it is also called the “Queen of Beaches”
- A spectrum of cuisines and beverages await every type of tourist here
- Water sports are immensely popular. Activities include: water surfing, parasailing, jet skiing, and banana rides
- Calangute Beach is a hotspot for parties day or night
- The beach links up with other major shorelines: Candolim, Baga, Anjuna, Aguada.
2. Dona Paula
Considered a favourite among backpackers and romantics, this little beach has its own jetty and is also called “Lover’s Paradise”; for obvious reasons. It is certainly one of the best places to visit in Goa.
- The Mormugao Harbour here is not the only main attraction, but also a stunning view of the Arabian Sea
- An interesting statue can be found hereabouts, namely “Image of India”. It portrays Mother India and Young India and has a captivating backstory
- The beach is the confluence for both the Zuari and Mandovi Rivers
- Many a movie has been shot here, owing to the place’s scenic enchantment.
Goa tourism will be incomplete without mention of this stellar location. As restaurants in Goa go, this tavern atop a hill is stunning for multiple reasons.
- ‘The Greek Taverna’ or Thalassa boasts the area’s best cocktails and sunsets
- If you love authentic Greek Mediterranean cuisine or are interested in trying it for the first time, you simply must let Thalassa be your new or first impression
- The open-air restaurant is all charm, thanks in large part to its ambiance that includes rustic wooden décor, comfy sofas, music playing all the time and, in due season, live-fire ‘show and dance’ performances called Zorba and Sirtaki.
Touted to be one of the best things to do in Goa, a visit to Baga Beach’s very own shack called Brittos must be on any tourist’s itinerary.
- Between the multi-cuisine menu and the brilliant beverage list, this eatery on the beach is designed to impress
- Cuisine types: Seafood, Continental, North Indian, Traditional Goan
- Foodie recommends: baked crabs, the Seafood Platter, calamari
Conclusion Nearly everyone who visits Goa has been to the places mentioned on this list. If you’re wondering how to reach Goa from outside the state, grab a good guidebook or download a trusted app. Club Mahindra Goa resorts have field guides and knowledgeable staff to help you plan your itinerary.