Planning long vacations is slowly getting replaced with short weekend getaways. You might often be taking a day off on a Friday or a Monday to enjoy a good vacation. You can simply pack your luggage and hop on your car. You can fit your vacation on a weekend or extend it a little. Before booking Bangalore to Delhi flights, it is time to take a look at the offbeat places near Bangalore that you cannot miss.
- Gudibanda – A trip to Gudibanda is good for a day. The Gudibanda Fort is about 400 years old and was built by Byre Gowdas. It is an amazing offbeat holiday spot. There are surrounding villages like Bramharahalli, Nicchanabandahalli and Chinna Halli that can be a part of the main tour. You should not forget to stop by the grand lake. This will help to add some brightness to this amazing journey. It would be amazing to explore the hills, the fort, and the lake.
- Galibore – It is the perfect place if you love nature. The place is located on the banks of the River Cauvery and is characterised by famous rapids. It is filled with deciduous trees and amazing wildlife. Spotted deer, grizzled giant squirrel, marsh crocodiles, turtles, and snakes make this place absolutely fascinating. Even before you secure Delhi to Bangalore flights, you can put this place on your itinerary.
- Kunti Betta – Kunti Betta is an awesome place for night trekking. This place is made for the adventure seeker. Watching the sunrise on the trek will fill you with positive energy, and this would help you adjust to your monotonous routine. This place even has a special mention in Hindu mythology. You can trek on the twin rocky hills of Pandavpura and swim in the open Thonnur Lake. You can even spend some time fishing in the lakes.
- Kabini – You can spend a lot of amazing time relaxing in the backwaters of Kabini. The banks of these rivers reflect amazing beauty. It is one of the best wildlife sanctuaries in Karnataka with amazing flora and fauna. Wildlife enthusiasts see the best wildlife in Kabini. The place has a lush green landscape and the sightings of elephants add to the amazing getaway near Bangalore. The private lodges can be a little more expensive than the resorts and you need to book in advance.
- Gandikota – Gandikota is an amazing place if you are looking for destinations with architectural delights. The place is fringed by the Erramala hills and holds the history of the Kamma kings. The place stands on the River Pennar. The Gorge Viewpoint is quite similar to the Grand Canyon in America and offers a sense of adventure. You should put this place in your itinerary before you get flight tickets from Bangalore to Delhi.
- Kalpetta – The picturesque beauty of Kalpetta can uplift anyone’s sunken faces. Sip fresh tea in the tea plantations here. The Sentinal Rock waterfall is about 2 km from the main road. The place is filled with deer and monkeys.
- Dandeli – Dandeli is a cool and offbeat weekend getaway from Bangalore. Dandeli is the ultimate destination for adventure lovers, especially people who love water sports. One can also enjoy night safari and bird watching and make your trip enjoyable.
These are some of the offbeat places near Bangalore you must visit.