If you wish to cement your relationship with something tangible, promise rings can be a great choice. They make more sense than pinky promises (just kidding) and are definitely less painful than getting each other’s names tattooed. In fact, these rings have greater significance than just promises, in the modern age.
Although they are often confused with engagement rings, promise rings for women are a gesture of commitment shared between partners or even between parents and children. While all this may sound pretty confusing, after you are through with this article, you will have a clearer picture of what these rings are all about.
The Modern Tradition of Promise Rings
Here are some of the things you need to keep in mind when you buy women’s promise rings, online or offline, for your loved one:
- As mentioned earlier, a parent can gift their child a promise ring as a gesture of their love and commitment to taking care of their child. It is, however, not the most common use of promise rings.
- For couples who are young and aren’t ready for marriage yet, whether due to personal, financial, or other reasons, this ring can be a way to commit to staying together.
- A lot of couples use this ring to signify continuing abstinence until they are married to each other, again as a sweet gesture of commitment.
- Even for older couples who are unsure whether the commitment will end up in marriage, a promise ring can work great.
- This ring is generally worn on the ring finger until it is replaced with an engagement ring or wedding band.
- Promise rings are quite a recent concept, having gained popularity in the 1950s-60s. But rings have been exchanged as a gesture of commitment beyond marriage in certain European cultures for centuries.
- Unlike engagement rings, these rings are gifted in a lot more privacy and can come in a wide range of styles and designs.
The designs of promise rings for women can range from solitaire diamonds to gemstones arranged in floral shapes and much more. The trends keep changing so pick a jeweler that offers the latest designs.
Top 5 Styles of Promise Rings to Choose From
If you are looking to gift a promise ring, here are some of the trending styles of our time:
- Matching Promise Rings: Some couples profess their bond by exchanging identical promise rings. They can also exchange rings that an element that connects the two together, like the shape of a heart or a lock and key.
- Heart-Shaped Promise Rings: This is the most common and safest choice, and not the least trendy. If you buy the ring from an online store, such as Jewelili, you will find a wide variety of options in this category, along with a certificate of guarantee for the gemstones used.
- Gemstone Promise Rings: This includes both diamonds and other gemstones. You can choose from ruby, topaz, sapphire, opal, emerald, aquamarine, or even a pearl ring with a simplistic design or surrounded by smaller diamonds.
- Text-Engraved Promise Rings: For those who like their love being a little more personalized, choose rings that have text engraved on them, such as LOVE or FOREVER or ONLY YOU. You can even have a message engraved on them.
- Symbolic Promise Rings: Instead of text, you could also gift her rings that are symbolic of your love, such as three-stone promise rings, symbolizing the past, present, and future, or choose a ring designed with the infinity symbol. You can also look for rings based on your partner’s personality, such as a dog’s paw if she loves pets or a cupid if she likes the idea.
Whatever design you choose, ensure that you check the specifications of the product when you buy women’s promise rings online. Don’t be swept away with emotions and check for offers, product details, and certificates of authenticity before you make a choice.