Remember the Wise King Solomon? He once offered certain sacrifices to God. Pleased, God showered great wisdom on Solomon. Similarly, this beginner’s guide is here to bestow wisdom on you about purchasing diamond jewelry, like exquisite bracelets for women. You need not sacrifice anything except some misconceptions, such as one shouldn’t buy diamond bracelets online. So, go ahead and look your best and enhance your style quotient with some extraordinary diamond jewelry!
Here are some tips to help you choose the best quality diamond jewelry from the right place.
Check Your Budget
For some buyers, the price of diamond jewelry, such as bracelets for women, is a deciding factor on whether to buy it. The good news is that when you shop online, you can access a wide range of price tags. Also, if you really care about the environment and are looking for conflict-free diamonds, choose lab-grown ones, which are just as exquisite as natural, mined ones but at a fraction of the cost.
Tick Off the Five Cs
Check the five Cs of diamond jewelry that experts recommend you check before you make a purchase. They can help you choose authentic and pure gemstones.
- Carat: Diamonds are weighed in carats. One metric carat is the same as 200 mg. Carat weight also helps determine the price of diamond jewelry. Polishing leads to a loss of carats. So, check it closely when buying diamond jewelry. The higher the carat value of a diamond, the higher is its price.
- Clarity: This refers to surface imperfections and internal flaws in the diamonds, which jewelers usually find out under a microscope. Clarity comes in the following grades:
- Inclusions (I1, I2, ) – Diamonds of this grade have obvious irregularities, which can be seen with the naked eye. These irregularities may be clouds, knots, or cavities. Despite these blemishes, diamonds with inclusions are often adorned when sporting a trendier look.
- Small inclusions (SI1, SI2) – Diamonds of this grace have fewer irregularities, although the same can be seen by the human eye. They are popular for their affordability.
- Very small inclusions (VSI1, VSI2) – Diamonds of this grade contain minute irregularities, which are so small or minor that they are not visible with the naked eye and can only be seen with at least 10x magnification.
- Very very small inclusions (VVSI1, VVSI2) – Diamonds of this grade contain such minute irregularities that they are difficult to detect even under 10x magnification.
- Internally flawless (IF) – Diamonds with no irregularities are extremely rare.
If you love big diamond jewelry, note that large stones easily reveal imperfections. Check the above grades to decide on the clarity, which is also a determinant of the price.
- Color: Diamonds come in a plethora of colors, with subtle differences. Your pick will depend on your budget and taste. The colors are available in the following grades:
- D (completely colorless)
- E-F (colorless)
- G-J (nearly colorless)
- K (faint)
- L-Z (faint to light color)
With a higher carat weight, the color becomes more prominent. More facets help diamonds hide their color and shine brighter.
- Cut: Workmanship reflects in the cut of the diamond. The cut determines how light passes through a diamond and decides its brightness and sparkle. As the grade rises, more light passes through the stones and increases their brilliance. The different cuts you can choose from include:
- Round brilliant
Among these, princess and round brilliant cuts reflect the maximum light.
- Certification: You can’t go wrong with this part when buying diamond jewelry, like a statement bracelet for women. Check whether the online retailer offers certificates of authenticity for their products. Such certificates are provided by select jewelers, even on online platforms, so you can trust them.
Choosing the Right Online Store
Ensure that the online store you choose offers the following, besides certified diamonds:
- Competitive pricing and a wide range of price tags so that there is something for every type of budget.
- Regular flash sales and discounts to satisfy your retail cravings.
- Unique product assortments, ensured by limited period availability
- Customized jewelry
- Easy return policies
- Free shipping with tracking facilities
Follow all the above tips to buy high-quality diamond jewelry, like rings, bracelets for women, and more! Most importantly, if you gift them, prioritize the taste of the person you’re purchasing the diamond jewelry for.