Plagiarism is yet to be tagged as a criminal offence. It is simply considered unethical. However, the violation of an author’s right could take you to the federal courts. Subsequently, you could be facing life-altering harsh consequences. These include ruined reputation, public shaming on social media and a major impact on your career. Therefore, it is always recommended to check your content for red flags beforehand.
Detecting plagiarism is not tough. All you have to do is find a website that can compare billions and trillions of online databases against your work. Further, make sure it searches extensively to find similar and matching content and presents relevant results. This will make the process quick and reliable. Here’s how to use a website to keep your work plagiarism free.
How to Pick the Right Site to Check Plagiarism?
Websites equipped with high-end AI-based algorithms and extensive search capabilities are the best for spotting even the minutest trace of duplicate content. Here’s a look at what else to tick off before using an online platform for plagiarism detection:
- It should be powered with advanced machine learning technology which can detect differing levels of similarity, like similar, identical and paraphrased content.
- There should be a breakdown of the report for easy comprehension. You should be able to see the copied sources, similarity matches and figures and statistics. This will help you make the necessary changes within minimal time without hassle.
- The website must be able to compare text and store your data securely through military grade 256-bit encryption and SSL connection. This will ensure your document is not misused by any third party. In fact, this makes it easy to check for self-plagiarism the next time you use the software to check for plagiarism.
- Should be able to work with multiple Unicode languages including Asian ones like Hindi. This makes it easy to check for foreign language papers.
- The website should also be able to detect plagiarism in different file formats like PDF, DOC, RTF, XML, PPTX, ODP and PPT.
How to Use the Website?
All you should be doing is copy pasting the work and pasting on the website. Or, you could simply upload the file and press the ‘Scan’ button. Make sure the site to check plagiarism offers a few free scans every month for added benefit. But before that, you will have to make platform integrations so that working with Microsoft Word or Google Docs become extremely easy.
If you have your custom product like LMS, SEO authoring tools or writing tools, simply integrate your system with the plagiarism API that quickly works with ready-to-use. In fact, you can also create your interface while running the engine in the background. Compare two sites easily to detect any form of duplicate content and make necessary improvisations without hassle. Pick the ones with high levels of customization options to suit your requirements.
Publishers, SEO agencies, bloggers, government officials, media professionals, small business owners and legal professionals can make the most of plagiarism detection websites. Tick off the above-mentioned factors and pick the best one for your needs.