Intrauterine insemination is the process where sperm is directly inserted into the uterus during ovulation in a concentrated form. The purpose of the process is to bring the egg and the sperm closer to increase conceiving. It can be used alone as fertility treatment or can be used in combination with infertility medications. IUI can be very effective if you take care of a few things. Here are the few things that you should do after taking IUI treatment:
- Reduce stress – You must reduce your stress as stress can reduce your pregnancy chances. Participate in the activities you love like running, meditation, jogging, dancing, etc. You can also go back to your hobbies like reading, crafting, yoga, and even taking a hot water bath. By relaxing your mind, you allow your body to relax, which can help you achieve the positive outcome of the IUI process.
- Getting back to normal activities – One of the biggest myths about IUI is that you need to take full bed rest to get pregnant after an IUI procedure. In fact, most specialists believe that you need to get back to your routine activities and stop stressing about getting pregnant. In some women, stress can release the hormones that delay the release of an egg and negatively impacts conception.
- Sex – Most people will advise you to refrain from intercourse post-IUI. Still, specialists actually increase you to engage in it as it increases the likelihood of conception due to the presence of the high amount of sperm in the body, your chance of getting pregnant increases.
However, if you are experiencing a lot of bleeding, your physician will not recommend the procedure. Some doctors even recommend that you can get engage in intercourse after 48 hours of the procedure.
- Healthy eating – IVF doctor in Hyderabad recommend you to take a balanced diet after IUI treatment as a healthy body encourages fertilization. You should include more protein and good fats in your diet and cut down the carbs as it will help with fertility. Some foods boost your fertility and increase your chance of conceiving. Such foods are oats, flax seeds, nuts, seeds, whole grains, and oysters. In addition, taking food rich in Vitamin D also balance your hormones.
- Be positive – By limiting your stress and keeping a positive attitude, you can increase your pregnancy chance. The happier you are, the better your health will be.
- Sufficient sleep – Getting good sleep after the IUI procedure is good for mother and child. Make sure that you get good 7-8 hours of sleep daily. Getting sufficient sleep will ensure that you are in good health, and it also limits stress.
IUI pregnancy can be hectic and stressful for a woman. However, with positivity, you can manage everything and bring home a happy baby. Also, Read – IUI Treatment Success Rate and Risks