In recent times, the government has made it mandatory to link Aadhaar with major personal documents and accounts. Out of all important affiliations, linking mutual fund with aadhaar is also important. You might be unaware on how to link Aadhaar with mutual funds but you need not worry as it is a simple process to be practiced just once. This linking will help the government in figuring the legal essence of the investment or a transaction.
There are four major ways of linking Aadhaar number with mutual fund. You can link it Online, via SMS method, registering with fund houses or offline linking.
Linking Aadhaar with Mutual Funds Online
Linking mutual funds with Aadhar number is an easy process. The user needs to ensure that the phone number registered with their Aadhar is working as they will receive one time password (OTP) message on that number. Mutual fund holders have a liberty of linking aadhaar through mutual fund registrars and need not visit each fund house individually.
Most registrars provide online tools that will help you complete the Aadhaar linking process. Leading registrars such as CAMS (Computer Age Management Systems), Fraklin Templeton, Karvy, Sundaram BNP Paribas, etc. have a provision for their customers to link their aadhaar with mutual funds online. Investors can go to the registrar’s website of the registrar and get all their mutual fund related queries sorted right from Aadhar card update to how to do EKYC, etc.
Linking Aadhaar and Mutual Funds by Registering With the Fund House
If you are new to mutual fund investment or have your funds in just single funds house, you can link your Aadhaar with the mutual funds account after making your primary investment. It is a simple process thoroughly. Following the below mentioned steps will help you complete the linking process by registering with funds house.
- Visit the particular funds house’s website
- Enter your PAN number
- Select the option that says, “You are not KYC compliant”
- Enter your aadhaar registered mobile number and fill up all the details carefully and your linking is done.
Linking Aadhaar and Mutual Funds Through SMS
This method of seeding Aadhaar and mutual is particularly easy. Follow these simple steps to complete the linking
- Correctly type “ADRLNK ” on your mobile
- Send a text message to 9212993399 from the phone number that is registered with Karvy.
- You will receive a confirmation message after the process completion
Linking Aadhaar and Mutual Funds Offline
This is a physical process. The KYC process followed by the registrars is known as offline mode of linking. Registrars like CAMS and KARVY offer the option of linking Aadhaar and mutual fund folios offline. The process is a beneficial option for the investors who do not have an email ID or mobile number mentioned on their mutual fund account. You can follow the steps mentioned below to link the two.
- Visit your registrar’s website and download the KYC form.
- Fill the form including your folio number and attach a self-attested Aadhaar card.
- Submit the form for linking at registrar’s office or customer care centre.