We study the benefits of taking the best protein supplements and how whey protein aids in the repair and building of the body’s muscles.
Protein is one of the fundamental building blocks for the human body. However, most of us do not get the required dietary quota of daily protein from our foods, or we get insufficient amounts of it. The best way to get the required daily quota is to take the BigMuscles protein supplement.
Here are some fast facts about supplements you get when you buy protein powder:
- Whey protein powder is a good source of the amino acids valine, leucine and isoleucine. These amino acids together comprise the BCAA (Branched Chain Amino Acids) that aid in muscle building.
- Whey protein contains all 9 essential amino acids (including the BCAAs listed above) that humans must derive from food sources. These amino acids are essential as they form the building blocks for skin, hair, bones, muscles, and tendons.
- The best protein supplements contain whey that is to be taken just before exercise, or about 30 minutes after the workout. It helps you gain muscle strength, aid in fat cell removal from muscles, build lean muscle, and also boost immunity. The amino acids in the protein powder replace any of those lost to exercise and help in quick repair. It is recommended that you should eat a protein bar just before exercise to prime your muscles for the workout.
- The pure protein in the best protein supplements also helps the muscles get over fatigue much faster, while also keeping the joints in good shape. This is an important consideration for bodybuilders, athletes, and strength trainers.
- You should buy protein powder and consume it on the orders of your doctor if you suffer from a protein deficiency or if your diet does not provide you with sufficient amounts of daily protein. The best protein supplements contain whey protein which provides the antioxidant glutathione. Low levels of this antioxidant are seen in people suffering from diabetes, certain cancers and even those diagnosed with HIV. Low immunity can decrease the body’s ability to make glutathione, and whey protein supplies cysteine, an amino acid that helps in the production of glutathione.
- Whey protein may also have an effect on those suffering from inflammation and certain liver conditions. However, the jury is still out on these, and if you buy protein powder solely for these issues, then you should consume the supplement only on doctor’s orders.
- The compounds of amino acids present in the best protein supplements can improve the functioning of the brain, increase energy levels in the body and also calm the nervous system. Other applications include lowering cholesterol, controlling blood sugar and also prevent allergies.
If you wish to get protein only via your diet, then you must consume food comprising fish, red meat, seeds, nuts, organic milk, poultry, eggs, tofu, and legumes.