Dandruff is a common condition that can affect anyone, irrespective of age or gender. In a general scenario, dandruff happens as the result of dryness of the skin or its PH imbalance. PH imbalance causes a host of skin issues that may cause dandruff. To treat dandruff, you should understand the type that is causing you discomfort. Here are the most common types of dandruff:
- Dandruff due to dry skin: It becomes dry and flaky in the absence of moisture on the skin. This is the reason why you have dandruff mostly during winter. If you belong to this group, look for the best antidandruff shampoo online. And your search engine will present you with a multitude of options.
- Dandruff due to oily skin: When your scalp produces an excess of oil, and you fail to clean it at regular intervals, this combines with the dead cells and leads to dandruff.
- Dandruff due to skin disorders: An unhealthy diet too can cause diet. The disorders like psoriasis too may cause dandruff. Conditions like Malassezia and eczema also can prove villains here. Dandruff can also be the result of allergies to certain food items or medications. Seborrheic dermatitis is an acute stage of fungal infection. The condition will definitely cause dandruff. If you are sensitive to any hair-care product, you are prone to dandruff.
Dandruff, as mentioned above, can affect anyone. But age plays an important role in this regard. The skin issue affects mostly young adults and grows with age. Even the elderly can get it. Furthermore, it is seen mostly in men when compared with women. Diseases that affect the nervous system and a weak immune system too aggravate this condition.
Choosing an antidandruff shampoo online
When buying shampoo for your dandruff, the best option is to get it online. It allows your utmost flexibility, offers an astounding variety and helps you make informed decisions.
Now you are fully aware of your hair type. You also know its common causes and risk factors. The next concern you should address is knowing the ingredients. Look for the following ingredients and choose the one that suits your hair:
- Zinc pyrithione: This is one of the most common and powerful treatments made available for a flaky scalp. It is anti-fungal and anti-bacterial, offering relief from seborrheic dermatitis.
- Salicylic acid is an ingredient found mostly in cleansers, moisturizers, and serums. It is also an essential element of conditioners and shampoos to regulate dandruff. But there are reports of this aggravating dryness. Thus the smart option is to test shampoo on your skin before buying it.
- Tea tree oil: Its inherent anti-bacterial properties effectively treats dandruff.
Tips to remember
Keep the following shampoos in mind when shopping, and you will get the best antidandruff shampoo in UAE for your hair.
- Buy the one that thoroughly cleanses your scalp: The feature that sets antidandruff shampoo from the others is its ability to give your head a thorough cleaning. It should lather well and offer a thorough cleaning at the same time. And it should not stick to your head even when you rinse it.
- Get the one that suits your type of hair: The kind of care your scalp requires depends on your skin type. Those with dry skin need a shampoo that moisturizes and cleanses at the same time. And the shampoo for oily skin should be able to cleanse the excess oil and dirt from your hair.
You should also do a thorough research on the manufacturer. Stay safe from scams and shampoos that don’t stand up to the promise.
Keep this guide in mind. And you will have fun buying an antidandruff shampoo online.