Botox is a popular non-invasive cosmetic treatment in Dubai to stop the formation of lines of wrinkles on the face.
Botox is a brand name for the toxin botulinum. It was the first injection used in the treatment of this problem. So, it has become synonymous with the treatment name.
In Dubai, access to beauty treatment is a part of a daily routine. So, taking Botox injection to look young and beautiful has been the trend for over two decades now. Even though the treatment offers a temporary solution, and one must repeat the process approximately twice or thrice a year, depending on the type of treatment taken, people in Dubai feel this to be the most economical and easiest way to a younger-looking appearance without any surgery.
The Ministry of Health and Prevention has laid down some strict rules for the use of Botox injections in Dubai:
- The injections can be administered only by the Dubai Health Authority (DHA) registered medical consultants and specialist physicians in dermatology or plastic surgery.
- Non-surgical cosmetic services can be given only by the DHA licenced clinics.
There are numerous DHA-licensed aesthetic cosmetology clinics in Dubai offering Botox treatment.
Botox is injected, using needles and syringes, into the areas where the lines of wrinkles are appearing, to temporarily bar the nerves from giving out signals and freeze the muscles of that area so that they do not contract. This smoothens the wrinkles and gives the face a young look.
The doctors use Botox to treat all types of wrinkles like:
- wrinkles of the forehead
- frown lines (wrinkles between the eyebrows)
- the crow’s feet (sides of the eyes)
- perioral wrinkles (lines at the corners of the mouth and lips)
- bunny lines (lines of wrinkles appearing on both sides of the nose)
Botox injection is used to treat other health problems like
- cervical dystonia (pain and contractions in the neck region)
- chronic migraine
- hyperhidrosis (sweating excessively)
- Overactive bladder
- Lazy eyes
Generally, there are no side effects, but sometimes people may feel
- Neck pain
- Muscle stiffness
- Blurred vision
- Puffy eyelids
- Dry eyes etc
It is an in-clinic procedure with little or no downtime. One can go back to the usual schedule immediately.
The cost of Botox injection in Dubai depends on several factors like
Cost of Botox injection in Dubai
- The area of the skin decides the number of units of Botox needed. For example, removal of forehead lines will need more units than removal of bunny lines.
- If the lines or wrinkles are minor, the cost would be lesser than well-formed wrinkles that would require more units.
- Treatment of more than one area will naturally cost more than treating only one.
- Experienced and highly qualified dermatologists or plastic surgeons will charge more fees for the treatment.
- The clinics have variable rates for their services that depends largely on their popularity and their pricing policies.
Also, the charges for Botox injection in Dubai are determined in two ways:
- Cost per unit – The approximate per unit cost is $10 to $15 based on the brand used.
- Cost according to the area – The average cost of Botox for the treatment of forehead lines would be around $200 – $250 if 20 units are needed.
So, we can see that the cost of Botox treatment varies from person to person.
How to get the Botox injection in Dubai seamlessly
- Research and find out a DHA- registered clinic or a licensed doctor having enough experience in administering the injections. It is the most vital factor as you need to be comfortable with the dermatologist or plastic surgeon.
- Schedule an appointment with your doctor, inform him about your requirements, medications, and check whether you are medically fit for treatment. Pregnant women, lactating mothers, those allergic to cow’s milk protein and people taking blood thinner medicines should not take the treatment.
- Ask about the expenses.
- The procedure is non-invasive and least painful. Yet, sometimes, the doctor may recommend an anaesthetic cream or ice packs to be used to minimise the pain of the pricking needle. Also, there may be certain medications that you may have to stop taking for a few days.
- You should check for allergies to the drug to be used and cure yourself of any infections, if you have any, before the session.
- Avoid touching or rubbing the treated area for the next 24 hours after the procedure. It takes 24 – 72 hours to show the results.
Even though they are not a permanent solution to wrinkles and requires repeated visits to the clinic, Botox Injections are still the most preferred treatment for facial upliftmentin Dubai.